Monday, May 4, 2009

The Road to 1183

In order to receive the one-star "puzzle gamer" badge over at 360voice.com (where my xbox blogs!) I need a further 1183 points in a select list of "puzzle" games.



Astropop
Bejeweled 2
Boogie Bunnies
Buku Sudoku
Coffeetime Crosswords™
Hexic 2
Hexic HD
Jewel Quest
Poker Smash
Puzzle Fighter HD
Roogoo
Tetris Evolution
Tetris Splash
TiQal
Word Puzzle
Zuma

A few I already own, like Luxor and Roogoo. Tetris Evolution, which I'm going to borrow from a friend, is the only retail game - the others are all XBLA.

To kick it off I bought Buku Soduku yesterday morning. It's a cute little game, with nice graphics but poor sound. It also has an "auto-pencil" feature that renders most of the Soduku gameplay irrelevant. All you have to do is click on the dark colored number. Also, the game is old enough that no one at all is playing it online anymore. I sat for nearly 10 minutes waiting, but couldn't find a match. So I can't get all the cheevos on this one without boosting. Dang it.

The second game I bought is TiQal which is a tetris rip off, skinned in a South American -psudo - indian way. There are some interesting facts about actual cultures on some of the load screens. You have to make cubes of same colored bricks in order to advance, and it's a little harder than it sounds! It actually quite will done and I'm looking forward to continuing to play it.

Yesterday I achieved 120 points playing these two games. Yeah! Now only 1063 more points left to get. Wish me luck because these puzzles make themselves hard to complete!

No comments: